• January 26Senior Night Boys Baketball - January 27 @ 7

• January 26Senior Night Girls Basketball - January 26 @ 7

• January 26Yearbooks on sale for $70.

The Student News Site of Tarpon Springs High School.

Dockside Media

Playlist: Graduation, Breakups, Moving Out, and Breaking Free 

Reilly Scurti 

“Changes” by David Bowie

Turn and face the change

I love this song by the great David Bowie because it brings to light the concept of sudden change and discovery without it feeling scary.

“Landslide” by Stevie Nicks

Well, I’ve been afraid of changin‘Cause I built my life around you, But time makes you bolder, Children get older, I’m getting older too”

This song by Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac is one of my all-time favorites. To me it represents self-discovery, understanding, and acceptance in the face of heartbreak.

“Don’t Think Twice It’s Alright” by Bob Dylan

Well it ain’t no use to sit and wonder why, babe

Covered by many artists, this song is comforting in its’ own way, an acoustic lullaby to the anxious teenage soul.

[VIDEO UNAVAILABLE]

“Baby You’re Out” by Mac DeMarco

There’s nothing to cry about, cause baby, baby you’re out

Though the album just came out May 5th, this song already particularly relates to seniors because it describes what could be the joyous release that comes with walking away from high school on the last day.

“Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield

Today is where your book begins, The rest is still unwritten

This song is a classic as far as 2000’s hits go and has been one of my favorite move-on songs since about the fifth grade.

“The Climb” by Miley Cyrus

The struggles I’m facing, The chances I’m taking, Sometimes might knock me down, But no, I’m not breaking

Though it may seem a little cliché, this song is too perfect not to include in this list. The lyrics so clearly represent the feeling of finding hope for the future when it feels like there isn’t any.

“Gravel to Tempo” by Hayley Kiyoko

I’ll do this my way, Don’t matter if I break, I gotta be on my own

This song is a bit more on the dance-y side, but it inspires a sort of confidence in autonomy and independence. The music video takes place in a high school and shows Hayley’s breaking free from the chains she feels bound in by the ‘popular girls’.

“I’m Coming Out” by Diana Ross

The time has come for me, To break out of the shell, I have to shout That I’m coming out

This song by Diana Ross is an upbeat and fun classic that reminds us we are special and should open ourselves up to the world.

“Control” by Janet Jackson

Got my own mind, I wanna make my own decisions, When it has to do with my life, my life, I wanna be the one in control

Now this one is empowering, hard not to dance to, and so relevant. This song speaks for itself, enough said.

“I’ve Got Dreams to Remember” by Otis Redding

Nobody knows what I feel inside, All I know, I walked away and cried… I’ve got dreams, dreams to remember

This song is a classic soul number that will really put you in your feels. Though it seems to be a song about heartbreak, it can be interpreted in many ways. To me, it means despite the fact that I may be hurting, I have dreams to hold onto and go after that are most important at the end of the day.