• January 26Senior Night Boys Baketball - January 27 @ 7

• January 26Senior Night Girls Basketball - January 26 @ 7

• January 26Yearbooks on sale for $70.

The Student News Site of Tarpon Springs High School.

Dockside Media

The Sponger’s Game of the Year

Lucia Dirialdi

As we approach the week, everyone gets hyped for the game of the year, our best rivalry: Eastlake High School. Every year, Tarpon goes all out the week of the football game. Our football players have everyone hyped up; during the week, we even wear either white or maroon, or even both! On Friday, the day of the game, our football players wear their jerseys as usual but the mood is different; it’s not just any game, it’s their rivalry game. The cheerleaders wear their cheer uniforms and a bow in their hair or on their wrist. Students and staff wear our school colors and maybe our t-shirts personally made for this specific game with the logo “What’s the word? Kill the bird!” to show their Tarpon pride!

Before the game starts everyone gets ready. Some paint their faces, others paint their legs, etc… Go big or go home, right? Our football team is here two hours earlier to go over some last calls, to talk, get hyped, and be motivated for the win.

With the crowd anxiously awaiting the beginning of the action, the football team come in as a family, kneel down together on the field, and say a prayer.

BZZZ! That’s the buzzer, and the game is on! Cheerleaders cheer as everyone in the stand cheers along! They do stunts with the flyers and bases to get the crowd even more excited. The Maroon Mob helps these cheers by cheering on our boys. A few students even brought white powder and objects to make noise to encourage the team even more!

Although we lost this year, everyone knows Tarpon is one big family and a scoreboard doesn’t make us weaker. Until next year Eastlake, and as always, GO SPONGERS!